Check your air filter
Always consider this maintenance for your car engine/car cabin to avoid problems and remember that you also breathe air filtered by your vehicle’s internal cabin air filter.
- First, locate your filter which is situated in the hood of the car. It is in a black rectangular box, which might have metal clips used to keep it closed. You can see it as soon as you pop the hood. If you don’t find it there, then check the owner’s manual for assistance.
- After locating it, remove the casing and observe how the air filter fits inside. It is important to note the direction of the filter. Make a note of the directions of the filter and remove it.
- If the filter is mostly clean, you can clean out the debris from your filter by using compressed air. This can improve the life of the filter and help your engine run efficiently. Then place back in the same way.
- If the filter is dirty, removing it and insert the new filter the same way the old one fit and in the same direction. You will see that it will sit perfectly into it’s housing. (Be sure it’s the correct filter type)
- Now close the air filter casing after you are done. Make sure it fits correctly, just like the filter. You’re done.